Monday, January 02, 2006

2006: Time to Wake up America

I'm not much of a writer, I'm a blue collar guy. I work with my hands to make a decent living by today's standards. While my wages have gone up in the last few years, my actual buying power has declined dramatically as the cost of energy and everything else has exploded since ass-munch hijacked our country. I'm still better off than many people I know, but then again the last time I went to the local mall with all it's Hummers and Lexus's parked outside, I didn't see anyone I was acquainted with.

I never went to college, I still don't know what the hell a preposition is, my punctuation is made up on the spot, and if it weren't for spell-checker I'd have to recruit my wife or kids to proof read this stuff to avoid looking like an idiot.
I guess that makes me an average American! Thanks to our wonderful public education system here in America there's tens of millions in the same boat as me. So what! If this sounds like you too, then get over it. Don't let it stop you from yelling your head off about what is going on here! Being an intellectual doesn't mean you have a degree and wear dockers to your alumni banquet, it means that you THINK. You know, actually use your brain to gather information and then form judgments of your own making. Everyone has a bullshit detector, mine happens to be highly developed, yours probably is too, so the next time you hear yours sound an alarm while listening to the relentless nonsense spewed by the right wing, pay attention and find out the truth for yourself! Now get out there and make some noise troops!

I was wondering this morning if anyone else noticed that some critically important news items have virtually disappeared from the public consciousness. Not the least of which is the proof that bush and his band of power/money hungry thugs fabricated everything that was sold to us as reasons for invading Iraq. What the hell happened with the investigation into The Downing Street Memo ? It's obvious to me that this along with some other important documents that have been wiped out of existence as far as publicity goes, would seal this administrations fate as traitors and war criminals if the public ever really grasped the deliberate and criminal intent of their actions.

Here is a link from truthout, besides the excellent article by William Rivers Pitt: Nail It to the White House Door there is a link to a video containing an excerpt from a documentary I had not heard about until I found it this morning. The description from their site says: "Hijacking Catastrophe :: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire examines how a radical fringe of the Republican Party used the trauma of the 9/11 terror attacks to advance a pre-existing agenda to radically transform American foreign policy while rolling back civil liberties and social programs at home. The documentary places the Bush Administration's false justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neoconservatives to dramatically increase military spending in the wake of the Cold War, and to expand American power globally by means of military force."

Well looky looky, I got linked already, chalk one up for the little guy. UnknownNews Dialogue with our readers

These folks at UnknownNews have some great stuff there. I like this one below a lot. It's especially relevant considering the latest round of even more tax cuts for the wealthy and the gutting of more social programs, check it out: Poor People Advocates Resist Outrageous Budget Proposal




I found this link this morning with this plea:
*Calling All Bloggers: These Documents need publishing *
I am more than happy to do my part. Check it out
excuse the mess... that was just my head: things we need to know.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger siren said...

Firecrow - thanks for stopping by!

On the contrary, I think you're a good writer. There seems to be such a lack of accountability these days, it's frightening.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger FireCrow said...

Thank you Siren, and yes.. it is frightening.
Stop by again and tell your friends!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




get the code