Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ignorant Sheeple

I spent a little time over at The Heretik tonight. I can see I am going to be spending some time browsing the considerable amount of material there. I'm also adding a convenient link to my sidebar.
Thanks to the Heretic for stopping by my place. I've had this thing up for ten days now and am finding blogging just a wee bit addictive. I think a large part of the attraction is feeling like I am doing something I judge to be important and necessary. Information is power and by adding my effort to speak the truth here in my tiny corner of the web I feel less helpless under the crushing power of this fascist administration. I also feel less alone. Ignorant and brainwashed sheeple seem to inhabit everywhere I go.

In my daily work life world by headcount only one of the nine people I work with closely is even remotely interested in talking about what the world today looks like, or should I say intelligently talk about it. The rest of them repeat almost verbatim every new talking point that comes from foxnews or little billy oreilly's show. No matter the subject, they know what's going on because "I saw it on the news". It is pointless to debate them, their minds are closed and I get about the same satisfaction from talking to my shoes.

I remember a couple years ago before I gave up trying to wake them up, we were talking at lunch about Iraq. I was trying to make the point that the war was illegally based on lies. It had no connection to 9/11. I wanted them to see that violence begets violence, and that the only way to combat the idea of terrorism was to confront our own part in creating conditions that make people want to strap a hunk of c4 to their ass and blow themselves and us up. At some point one of them got pissed off, and I am not shitting you about this, they yelled- "Fuck all them fucking sand-niggers. We ought to turn that whole desert into a plate of glass and then go get the fucking oil" Holy shit!! He was serious. Now how to you debate that?
This coming from a grown man with a family and a decent education for fuck's sake. I did for a moment understand what drives people to violence as I really wanted to smash his head in with a hammer. Commander chimp and his bootlickers get away with everything they do because in too many of our fellow citizens, just barely under the surface lies this hatred for all who are different, in color or religion or sexuality or anything that scares them.
So here I am....

Here is a good short read over at The Heretik: Shoot the Messenger Again.
The last sentence of the post asks: "Ask yourself why the White House treats us all like kindergardeners."
Answer: Because they can. Because they can and because they can count on millions of people who only see what they want to see or even better yet for the Oppressor, what they are told.


Here's assmunch in a photo indicating the number of times
he's been truthful in the past forty years.


8 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Sometimes it feels like we're surrounded by these idiots, doesn't it?

You're not alone buddy. Hang in there and keep speaking the truth.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

Blog on Fire Crow!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger FireCrow said...

Thanks guys, and yes it does feel like I'm surrounded sometimes. Nice to see you again :)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Comandante AgĂ­ said...

Hello FireCrow. Welcome to the blogosphere! From the title of your blog I can tell you're ready to take on the real evildoers.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

But...wouldn't the oil be hard to get up through that plate of glass?

Welcome to the Land of the Damned...Addicted...whatever. Lizzy sent me over to say 'hi'. Stop! Stop before it overcomes you!!

"psgoy" my verification word is "psgoy"...i'm afraid to even speculate what that might mean...

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Reverend X said...

Easy, Multi staged attack on their beleifs. They feel witty when repeating the Talking points. Cut 'em down. I come up with a couple return snaps. If they had the wit, they wouldn't be repeating them. Once burned, put the ball in their court. Make them prove their position from a put down state. Give them enough time to show everybody their ignorance. Once they've bombed, have an explanation of reality. Concise, factual, easily validated, and funny.
Oh, and don't correct them for saying nigger. People get into habits with their vocabulay. Eventually they will say it at the worst possible time.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger FireCrow said...

I hear you Rev. Trust that the fullness of my intent and passion around educating people has not been presented in my few sentences here. One of the dances I do to the fascist marching tune playing these days is knowing when to press and when to let things go. While it is true I have given up on changing the minds of those few that I mention in that post, I do still smack them daily with a reality check. In fact I have beat them into submission. I think most of them would rather face-fetch fresh cat turds then talk politics with me. The problem I have is that they refuse to even think for themselves. It's almost impossible to debate a person who after 3 minutes of dialogue resorts to the fuck-it-I-don't-wanna-talk-about-it strategy. It's maddening. Thanks for stopping by. Love your site.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Blogenfreude said...

Welcome. We are Agitprop. We have no respect for anything. Well, except maybe for your new blog. Keep bitchin' ...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




get the code